|Horse Power||2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)|
|Weight||5.2 kg (11.5 lb.)|
|Bar Length Options||16, 18 in.|
New compact chain saw with Easy2Start™ and Quick Chain Adjuster
The MS 251 C-BE is the successor to the popular MS 250 C-BE chain saw. This mid-sized unit will deliver great power to get through those bigger cutting jobs, powered by a low emission and fuel-efficient stratified scavenging engine. It comes equipped with the STIHL Easy2Start™ system that will help you start your saw effortlessly, plus a quick chain adjuster for tool-free chain adjusting. Features the STIHL Quickstop® inertia chain brake, Master Control Lever™, anti-vibration system, carburetor preheat shutter for summer/winter operation, toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers, and a high power-to-weight ratio, making this unit a great chain saw for home or small property owners. Part of STIHL’s new generation of fuel-efficient, environmentally friendly chain saws.
- Displacement (cc): 45.6
- Power output (kW/bhp): 2.2/3.0
- Weight (kg / lb.): 5.2 / 11.5
- Bar Length Options (in.): 16, 18
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): A genuine advance in easy starting. STIHL Easy2Start™ (E) cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. All it takes is 2 fingers and a gentle pull action.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (B): After releasing the sprocket cover the chain can be adjusted using a thumb wheel without the need for tools.
- Heated carburetor (V): By changing the chain saw from summer to winter operation, the intake air is pre-heated over the engine fins. This ensures that the carburettor does not ice up and you can continue working in freezing temperatures.
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Pre-separation air filtration system: STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Tool free filler caps: Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools.
- Ematic chain lubrication system: The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Manual fuel pump (Purger): A small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburettor at the touch of a button. This reduces the number of starting strokes required following extended breaks in operations.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever